A Web Map helps you to find your way through the Internet.
Even though you can add a location or an address to a Web Map, it is not a geographical map. It is a map for information.
The map about a Web Map serves as an example and shows you additional information about the topic.
A Web Map can be used as a...
- Bookmark Manager
- Mind Map
- Investigation Report
...or simply to provide an overview about a specific topic.
In a map you can...
- Collect items like notes, links, statements, facts, places, pictures, videos,...
- Connect these items with each other
- Group and (re)order these relations
- Access your maps over the Internet
- Share your maps
- View your items as a list ordered by specific topics
- Track the history of your maps
- Organize and link your documents by topic
You probably figure out how to handle most features yourself. But to make sure you don't miss the more hidden ones, you better take a look in the user guide.